Monday, September 17, 2012

The weekend + Monday

So what was exciting about my weekend? Well let me tell you :)

I know I know, blogging twice in one day? I write my own rules and I think I can blog as many times as I want.

Thursday- I had nursing class from 8-2. Yeah it was exactly how it sounds, awful. Ha. After we got out of class my friend and I went to the library to start our care plans that we have to do from our clinicals. We spent a little time doing that, then decided to go over to another one of my friend's house to hang out and do our homework there {which is never a good idea}

While we we there we realized there were 7 nurses/potential nurses in that house! Which we thought was pretty awesome. We also decided at one point to practice starting an IV. Three of us are in our second semester of nursing and another one is in her first, with the rest of them being nurses. For us in school, we aren't allowed to do IVs until our final semester and even then our first time ever giving an IV will be on a patient since it is no longer legal to do it on each other.

So we sat at the kitchen table and took turns inserting these little butterfly catheters{see picture below} that are used to draw blood into each other. This was so awesome and yet so crazy at the same time! I was sweating I was so nervous!!  But it was so fun and I didn't even leave a bruise so kudos to me :)

Friday- It consisted of working from 12-6pm. Then my family, boyfriend, and I all went to outback for dinner {which was amazing might I add} Then my boyfriend and I went to Kohl's to shop for a bit and pay our charge card. So the only picture I have from this day is one of the shirts my boyfriend decided to buy. {if you know him you will totally understand} He is just a goof ball!
 

Saturday- It consisted of working from 9-4. This day was difficult! I had got 3 hours of sleep Wednesday, and 5 hours of sleep on Thursday and Friday, and I felt it! I am in customer service so not having adequate sleep is never a good thing! I decided my customer service was at about a 6 out of 10 that day! All day all I could think of was getting home and sleeping! So that is what I did! I walked in the door, walked straight to the couch {it was closer than my bed} and fell asleep! That night I also went over to my boyfriends and hung out but nothing exciting happened there either, we just took a nap!  

Sunday- I love Sundays, mainly because I love church. This past Sunday was our church's 30th anniversary so we had two special speakers that morning and at night. It was so awesome! If they post the podcast online I will make sure to share it!  

Also on Sunday in between services my boyfriend and I went over to his brother and sister and laws house. I loved this. I got to spend time with some of my favorite people, drink coffee, and work on my blog. {And also beat my boyfriend in fantasy football might I add}. I hadn't had a coffee in a while and I was craving one like crazy on Saturday too, so I decided I needed one on Sunday.  
I need to add a picture of this coffee so you get the idea of how amazing it was.  
 
It is huge. Yes I did by a large, and loved every minute of it. I am pretty sure it took me the entire time in between church services to drink it too! It was taking so long I had to warm it up at one point because it got so cold. But yeah Sunday was absolutely lovely and I ended a lovely day with Chipotle, which makes everything better! 

Now today...Monday- Today I woke up feeling so rested which typically never happens so this made for a lovely morning! While I was getting ready I decided to find a message on Youtube to listen to while getting ready so I chose... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBhqrtMqrv8 You definitely need to check it out. It talks about being a lukewarm christian. 

10:30am- I had my religion class which was very good as always! 
11:20am- starts my 3 hour break. This typically lasts for forever but today it went super fast.  
I started with doing my devotion 
I am starting She Reads Truth. A friend of mine had inspired me plus I needed a good devotion to start anyways so I decided why not :) So we started in Galatians. If you need a devotion you should try it! Today is the first day :) http://shereadstruth.com/ <<< all the information  

Next I tried to study for my Nutrition test on Wednesday 
...that didn't go so well though. I get distracted easily. Plus religion is really boring.  

Next I attempted to read a book for religion... 

 
My teacher introduced this book to us by saying "this is one of the most boring books you will ever read and you will definitely hate it" So this didn't go so well either. I made a cute bookmark though for it :)  

I also had another one of those HUGE coffees that I got on the way to school because what other better way is their to start a Monday off right but with a devotion and a coffee :)  

Then I got lunch before my 2:30 English class. I wanted to emphasize this because going to lunch here is a pain in the butt.  Let me explain >>>  
This is about halfway down the hallway that we have to go down to get to the cafeteria. It is like a wind tunnel too! You can't walk either way without feeling like a fan is right in front of you? It also makes for an awkward walk to lunch because you have to pass people over and over again where you see them from a long distance away and don't know if you should look at them from a distance or when they get closer. I am sure you all know what I mean :) 

Anyways...that is a sum of my weekend and my Monday so far! 



No comments:

Post a Comment