Thursday, May 17, 2012

Summer class....how I hate you

Microbiology....


Yes I would have to say that microbiology is the one of the dumbest classes I have ever taken. Not only is it all gibberish but it is in no way necessary for a nursing major. As a nursing major we have to treat our patients after they already have the virus....NOT figure out what bacteria or virus they have. It's just not our job and I personally think it is really dumb that we have to take it. Can you tell I can't stand micro yet? ha. Yes it is that bad.

So why a summer class? Well let me tell you. I go to Kettering typically but I heard through the grape vine that a few semesters ago when there was a nursing class taking micro...which is during their 4th semester WITH their cardiac nursing class...17 of them failed out. Seventeen?! That is a whole lot of people if you ask me. It was also their fourth semester, so they only had one more to go and failed out of the nursing program. That sounds absolutely terrible to me. So here I am...at Miami....attempting to not fail this class. Although I think that is next to impossible because nothing in microbiology makes sense....which probably isn't a good thing because my first exam is Tuesday (wish me luck!). 

So yeahh...that about sums up how much I hate micro and the reason I am taking this class instead of enjoying my summer with my friends and working like a normal college student. Which I don't mind working, so obviously I would much rather be there than here. Oh well. Sometimes in life you have to do things that you don't want to do. You just have to learn to make the best of them. So that is what I shall try to do....it's hard....very hard... but I am sure I will get through it.

One day at a time....

No comments:

Post a Comment